Sunday, October 09, 2011

Heavenly week of weather!

In what seems to be the polar opposite of last weekend's wet, and wintry weather, we have been graced with a string warm, sunny days! Temperatures topped out at 80 degrees (27C), and the boys were running around shirtless again. This weekend's goal was to take things easy and take advantage of the beautiful weather., and I think that we easily achieved that goal!

On Saturday morning, Liesel left the house at 6:20am because she was selling a bunch of clothes and toys that the boys had outgrown at the local Kid's Re-Sale event, which opened to the public at 7am. This left me in charge of the boys for the morning, so my first order of business was to whip up a batch of cinnamon and choc chip pancakes for breakfast. Afterwards, we got dressed, cleaned up and headed to the gym. I had an intense workout class, and 36 hours later each muscle group that was worked, is still letting me exactly how hard they worked!!! Chest, biceps, abs and hamstrings have all made themselves known...
After gym, the boys headed to Lowes, a home improvement store, to buy a flag pole for Nathan's wind sock. I had this idea to attach the pole to his jungle gym, so the windsock could easily catch passing breezes. So after we got home, I got out the saw, drill, and spray paint and got working on the new addition to his gym. Here is the end result, and do take note of the weather!
That afternoon I had the "privilege" of mowing my lawn, and although that it had been 5 days since the last rainfall, parts of the yard were still muddy! Even still, that didn't stop Nathan and I from throwing a football around in the evening after supper!

On Sunday, I took the boys shopping again, and then went to a playground to soak up this weather! The afternoon saw me in front of my computer due to some customer issues, but I made sure to take some time outs for some outdoor play. So all in all, a laid back weekend.

No comments: