Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rainy end to relaxing weekend

This week's heading sums up the weekend very well. Liesel was not feeling 100% so we declined the weekly muscle torture offered by our gym. Instead, I took the boys shopping while Liesel relaxed at home. A while later we returned home, but before going inside, Nathan asked to play some baseball outside. He got his bat out while I put on my baseball glove. Nathan's eye-hand co-ordination has improved greatly, and with his new confidence, it only took about 3 pitches before he blasted the ball back at my head! The ball traveled so fast I didn't even have time to raise my glove, but instead took evasive action to prevent serious injury!! For those who thought it was just a lucky shot, a few balls later and he sent another ball into my chest! Thankfully, it was only a tennis ball and not an actual baseball, which is similar in size and weight to a cricket ball!

That afternoon, I took Nathan to the local library to take part in the Lego Brick Builder's club again! He ha not been to one for several months due to his various broken bones, so he was excited to return to the club. He let his imagination run wild, while I relaxed in the library and caught up on the latest news on my Google tablet!
The sun was shining brightly the entire day, which meant that when it came time for me to mow the lawn, it was still uncomfortably hot! Beads of sweat rolled down my face and off my nose as I carried out my weekly home-owner's chore. Fortunately we have the pool for me to seek some relief from the summer heat. This time I had both boys in the pool with me, as we had cut their hair a little earlier and the pool provided them with a way to get rid of those itchy follicles!

Waking up on Sunday, we were greeted with the pitter patter of raindrops. The rain stopped for a while as we headed out to the store before Church. We tried another new church today, and afterward we can honestly say that we can strike this one off our list. It was a smaller church, slightly disorganized in the childcare department. After dropping off the Josh in his childcare, we went into the church sanctuary. Fortunately because of the slightly cooler weather from the rain, I was wearing my khaki work pants and a golf shirt (I usually wear jeans or even shorts), because it seemed like everyone else had dressed up for the occasion. I even felt under-dressed when I saw teenage boys in front of me with waist coats, and most men had jackets and ties! The service seemed to drag on, and it didn't help that the senior's pastor's sermon ran over 15 minutes late! So we only got out of there after 12:30pm! The boys were starving, since they usually get lunch between 11:30 and 12 :(

Because of the rain, we spent the rest of the day indoors. The boy's previous babysitter stopped by to show us her 6 month old son! It was a sweet "reunion" and Nathan and Josh just loved little Hayden! After their visit, Liesel caught up on some ATP tennis action, while the boys and I sang VeggieTales worship songs at the tops of our voices!  Overall, it was a fun, yet relaxing Sunday!

As for this coming work week, I will only be working for 3 days, before we all fly up to Green Bay for our last getaway of the summer! This be Josh's first ever flight, and Nathan's first flight in about 4 years! They are both so excited and can't wait for Thursday!!

No comments: