Sunday, July 11, 2010

All aboard the Lodi Train!

Another hot week has passed, with only Friday offering us a slight reprieve from the constant 90+ (32C+) heat that been basting Northern Ohio for the past 3 weeks. Thankfully, our pool provides us the perfect escape from the incessant high temperatures. Unfortunately, our pool's pump packed up on Thursday, so I spent a lot of time ensuring that the combination of chemicals will keep the water clear and algae-free until the replacement pump arrives later this week.

On Saturday, we hit the local Walmart for a few gardening supplies. Once home, I liberally applied some sunscreen, donned my cap and sunglasses and headed outdoors to fire up the lawnmower for the first time in two weeks. This was one of the first times that I could reward myself by submerging my overheated torso in our pool, which was sublime! So while Liesel and the boys napped inside, I was lounging on a few strategically placed noodles, in the refreshing 2 foot deep waters of the pool!

After the nap, Liesel wanted to head south to our nearest outlet mall to find some bargains. The incentive for the boys was that they had a new train that took its passengers for a 15 minute ride around and through the mall! After a 45 minute drive we arrived, as they were loading passengers onto the train. Liesel bade me and the boys farewell, as we embarked on train ride. This gave Liesel approximately 15 minutes to hit a few shops without any baggage or distractions. By the time we returned, she had not been able to find anything worthy of spending money on. So we all followed in tow as she and I hit a few more stores, with the same result. It was now getting close to dinner time, and Nathan wanted another ride on the train before we went home. So after buying some dinner, it was Liesel, Nathan and Josh's turn to ride the train! After they left, I took the opportunity to pack the stroller in the car and move the car closer to the train station, to make the transition from coach to car as quick and easy as possible!



On Sunday, Liesel had nursery duty, and left the supervision of the boys in my capable hands :P I got the boys to Church on time and afterward we headed to a public swimming pool to sign Nathan up for some more swimming lessons. Afterward, we headed home for lunch. Later that afternoon, Nathan and I enjoyed the pool again. I also fired up the grill and grilled some steak for dinner, which we ate outside in the beautiful summer evening air! Liesel again produced a delicious homemade frozen chocolate dessert! After dinner, I strapped the bikes to my car and we headed to Westlake for a post dinner cycle! Have I mentioned how I love summers in Cleveland??

No comments: