Sunday, December 06, 2009

Winter is starting to bare its teeth!

I am so thankful that I could complete my house's Christmas lights last week while the temperatures were in the 50s (10 C)! This entire week, there were only a couple of occasions when the mercury was brave enough to venture above freezing! So needless to say, we spent most of the weekend indoors!

On Saturday morning, Liesel attended the Providence Annual Women's Christmas Brunch, and had a wonderful time with friends! I spent the morning at home with the two boys, having plenty of fun. That afternoon, I headed out to one of our favorite stores to pick up some white fudge covered gingerbread men, and my personal favorite, chocolate truffles imported from France! Hmmmmmmmm........ Saturday was also our family fun night. We thought that it was a great evening to head out into Avon and look at some of the Christmas lights and decorations that people have put up. So we bundled into my car, turned the heat up and took a leisurely drive through some of the neighborhoods, and were pleasantly surprised by some people's efforts. We returned to the warmth of our house and began to watch Ice Age 3 - the Dawn of the Dinosaurs! Nathan chose to watch 30 minutes and then go to bed and have Liesel read some books to him instead. She happily obliged and then came back downstairs and the two of us finished watching the movie together.

On Sunday morning, it was all hands on deck from 7:30am onwards, as our church was having their annual Children's Christmas Program, featuring our very own Nathan. We made it to the church with plenty of time to spare, and even managed to secure some of the best "real estate" available (second row from the front - with no one in front of us). Nathan and the 5 year olds made their very cute, albeit brief, appearance! But he had fun, and that's what counts! Scroll to the bottom to see the video of his performance......



Once home, we had a delicious roast chicken for lunch, and then Nathan and Liesel went to the library, while I entertained Josh. When Josh's "sell by date" was surpassed, I put him down for a nap, and I started packing my bags for California! Tomorrow I am flying out to Google for some more training, leaving Liesel and the boys here to brace the first big winter storm :( I am disappointed that I won't be there to fire up my trusty snow thrower, so I had to show Liesel how to use "the beast".

And now I lay me down to sleep, as tomorrow morning I am being picked up at 7am and heading to the airport! I am also trying something completely new. I have signed up for a paperless boarding pass, which means that I have a special barcode that was sent to my iPhone. When I get to the check-in counter, I will place my phone (displaying the barcode) under the scanners, which should work as well as paper! Let's hope that works as well as it's advertised to.........

No comments: