Sunday, November 16, 2008

First flakes and flu symptoms!

This weekend was rather uneventful, but it was intended to be... Let me explain: Last week, Nathan contracted pink eye, and had to be taken to the Dr to get eye drops for it. Thankfully, two days later, the pinkness had dissipated, returning his eyes to their natural color! Unfortunately, this week a second trip to the Doctor's office had to be made. This time he was treated for an ear infection :( But that is not where it ends, as Liesel seemed to have been touched by the sinusitis bug. Her OB/GYN prescribed some over the counter medication for her, but this in turn elevated her blood pressure! She paid a visit to our GP, who diagnosed the blood pressure issue and prescribed some antibiotics to deal the the sinusitis. So that sounds pretty miserable..... but wait, there's more! It was Friday night, when my wife discovered she had pinkeye over and above everything else that her heavily pregnant body was going through!

So I made it clear that Liesel needed to be on bed rest this weekend - which in my opinion would be the best method to kick start the recovery process. I did my best to entertain Nathan. One of the things on my to-do list was to fertilize the lawn, which I could include Nathan in. Also, knowing what weather lay ahead of us - a week of snow - it was the best opportunity to do that at that moment - despite the drizzle. Of course, Nathan saw it as an adventure after suiting up in his Wellington's and rain coat and together we braved the precipitation and spent some quality time in the puddles and on the swing!

That evening - after Nathan had drifted off, Liesel and I lay back and watched Get Smart. If the saying "laughter is the best medicine", then Liesel and I should be cured of every possible ailment! It was 'just what the Doctor ordered' - a lazy evening filled with laughter!

On Sunday morning, the season's first snow flakes started drifting to ward the ground. The air and ground temperature was still above freezing, so the flakes melted on contact with the ground. That meant that my snow thrower will not be used for a while still :( Liesel was still under my order of bed rest, so Nathan and I went to church without her. The afternoon consisted of a round of Wii Sports competitions between the boys. And that is how much of the weekend went.

On Monday, November 17, 2008 - Liesel and I will have been married for 7 blessed years. I want to thank her for completing me, and supporting me over the years. She is the main reason that our transition to the United States was as smooth as it was! She has made sure that I lacked nothing, at the same time as raising a smart and well-mannered son! She is simply : AMAZING! Happy Anniversary my love! Thank you everything that you have done for me and our family! I love you!!

No comments: