Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fun in the North East Ohio sun!

After returning from vacation last week - our lives quickly adapted to our regular routine. I began waking up at 6am again to head to work, and Liesel and Nathan went about their daily activities.

Liesel and Nathan again hit the Garage Sale circuit on Thursday and came home with her usual bargains. This time she bought a baby crib, with a built-in night-light, a battery operated carousel, music player as well as vibrating feature that soothes the baby and helps them to sleep. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL.... all of these can be operated by the remote control that comes with it! Nathan loved that and spent most of the afternoon turning the different features on and off with the remote!

So when this weekend arrived, along with it's beautiful weather, we took full advantage and headed to our local beach. Well, the water is nowhere as clear and blue as the waters of Lake Michigan or Lake Huron, but it was the perfect temperature to play in - especially when the air was around 93F/34C. Nathan just loves the lake and can occupy himself for hours with either making sandcastles, throwing stones, wading or swimming. It was great fun to see his "tricks" as he "dives" (falls) into the knee deep water. We spent just over an hour at the beach before heading home for lunch - and to take shelter from the thunderstorms that followed....


Being back at home, also meant that some chores that I had been putting off, needed my attention. I borrowed by manager's pressure washer and discovered what a wonderful tool this is to strip paint. I need to repaint the garage door frame, as well as another door frame and our porch's wooden railing. But I prefer doing them one at a time, so I directed all my efforts in getting as much paint off the garage door frame as possible. I got quite a bit off, but because I used the pressure washer, as well as the fact that a couple of thunderstorms bombarded our house with water - I wasn't able to start the painting as the wood was still damp on Sunday afternoon!

On Sunday we headed to church as per usual, but this time Liesel had volunteered to teach Nathan's Sunday School class. I agreed to help her, as I wasn't playing guitar this week. It went as well as expected, and we were soon heading back home for lunch. This afternoon, I sanded the garage door frame down a bit, power washed the side of our house near our entrance, and then removed a ton of plants (weeds??? I don't really know) from one flower bed. So all in all, it was a productive weekend.

However, I must point out that I did set aside some time to watch some Olympic Beach Volleyball qualifiers in high definition! That was amazing! You haven't experienced volleyball until you have seen it high definition! Now I have some extra bounce in my step as we start our summer league tomorrow!

No comments: