Sunday, November 18, 2007

Are you lonesome tonight?

I am, and will be for 18 more days :-( Saturday was Liesel's and my 6 year wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, it was the same day that I had to drive Liesel and Nathan to Cleveland International Airport, so they could fly back to South Africa 3 weeks ahead of me :-( This will be the longest time that Liesel, Nath and myself will have been separated. But if it's for family, I will never stand in her way! Her mother was discharged from hospital last week, after the angiogram showed that there was no sign of damage or blockages in the her heart. That's an answer to prayer! She is still weak, and tires easily, but I know a good dose of Vitamin N (aka Nathan) and rest will do her a world of good.

As for me, I am finding things to keep myself busy! After returning from the airport, I replaced a coouple of light bulbs with high efficieny globes. I also managed to fix the light on our garage motor that's been faulty since we moved in! Afterward, I rewarded myself by catching up on some recorded TV that I hadn't had a chance to wacth yet. Later that evening, I wrapped up warmly (4 layers of clothing with a beanie on my head) as it was our local Shopping Centers annual Christmas Tree lighting. Our church's choir was asked to perform at the ceremony, so I decided to brave the 3C drizzly weather, to go and support them! The area around the tree was packed and the children were eagerly waiting for Santa to come turn the lights on! He arrived after our church's performance, and magically, he was able to turn on all the Christmas lights around Crocker Park! I must say, that the lighting was impressive. It tuned dull streets into sparkling, festive avenues!
Before ----------------> After



Our fearless (worship) leader, Corb and his son


On Sunday, I received a text message that Liesel and Nathan had arrived safely in South Africa. They didn't have such a happy flight, since it took off about 90 minutes late, and then Nathan was sick on the 15 hour flight too. But now they have 2 months away from the wintry mix of Cleveland!

I went to church and played in the worship team again. This week Liesel and I were also inducted as members of Providence Church, which gives us a sense of belonging! Afterwards I stopped at Home Depot, our local DIY Superstore, and picked up a digital, programmable thermostat. After a quick lunch and a phone call to check on my wife and son, I fired up the lawnmower for hopefully my last mow until April next year??? I now mow with gloves on, as its pretty nippy out!
Afterwards, I came inside and warmed up. It was then time to replace the thermostat!I removed our old analog thermostat and put the new one on! It took me about 30 minutes, but it is so much better than our previous one, since I can program it to warm up the house by the time I wake up, then the temperature can drop when I leave for work, and then it will start warming the house again just before I get home, and finally drop the temperature slightly while I sleep........ That all translates into savings for me at the end of each month when I get the heating bill!

Now its off to bed, since the house is cooling down and I have 18 more nights to get through before my reunion with my family> Goodnight Lee, goodnight Nath - love you both muchly (I made that word up) !!!!

No comments: