Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Happy Father's Day indeed!

Wow! What are the odds that Cleveland could offer up yet another week of perfect weather?!?!? This meant that Nathan and I would pay a visit to the complex swimming pool on most afternoons after arriving home from work. He is loving swimming in the "blue water".

Saturday morning was set aside for furniture shopping, after which Liesel would drive me to a mystery store for me to go and handpick my Father's day gift! The first couple of shops didn't really have anything that suited our tastes (or budget):( However the third shop had some lovely sofas. Liesel and I were immediately drawn to a leather lounge suite. To us, leather would make more sense for our family room, as this is where we would expect to get the most human traffic and wear and tear. Also, having a child under the age of 21, guarantees that there will be many spillages over the next 18 or so years, and leather is the easiest to clean! So we think we have decided on our family room furniture, and will just need to go and place an order for it soon! Now, Liesel took the car keys from me, and drove me to the mystery shop. She pulled into the parking of Guitar Center (as mentioned before, this is what musicians would consider to be heaven on earth!) My gift from her and Nathan was to go and pick out a guitar, on one condition: that I join our church's worship team! I have been longing to get back into worship, but having left my guitar behind in South Africa, I didn't have much to offer. Now finally, I have a brand new Fender guitar, what an awesome, and thoughtful, gift! Thanks Lee and Nathan!

That evening, after a roast dinner, we went to Crocker Park to walk around in the beautiful Midwest evening weather. We finished the evening off with a coffee milkshake for myself, iced coffee for Liesel, and a chocolate chip cookie for Nathan. Unfortunately, Nathan thought my coffee shake was in fact ice cream, and had a few too many long sips of it. So we saw his regular bed time come and go at 8pm, and by 10pm he started winding down!

On Sunday, I was woken up by Nathan tickling my foot that was protruding from our Duvet. Also the scent of freshly baked cinnamon rolls had filled the apartment. I knew this was going to be a great day! After church, we went for a picnic to the Rocky River Nature Reservation. It is beautiful there with large shaded areas of green grass, with the Rocky River gurgling in the background. Of course Nathan had to get his exercise by throwing pebbles into the river! It was getting very hot at this time of day, so we called it quits and retreated to the air conditioned cabin of the Rendezvous, and returned home for Nathan's afternoon nap! And that was one of my best Father's Days ever (I have had 3 so far ;-) )

No comments: