Sunday, March 11, 2007

I'm Ba-ack!!!!!

After spending the majority of the week in Philadelphia, I landed safely at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport at 7:30pm on Thursday evening. It was fantastic being home again - eating lovingly-prepared meals, being entertained by Nathan, and having a companion to talk to in the evenings!

On Friday, Liesel had her two upper wisdom teeth removed. I was able to work from home, so that I could look after her as well as Nathan. We are so blessed with Nathan, as he knows how to entertain himself when he has to, and not demand your constant undivided attention! This meant, that I could keep an eye on Liesel, as well as do some work and even dial into a teleconference! On Saturday, Nathan and I had a great opportunity to bond, especially after being away for the week, it was great to hang out with mini-me ;-) It also gave Liesel an opportunity to stay at home and rest. In the morning, we drove down to our local mall so Nathan could play in the kiddies area as it was drizzling outside. Later that day the clouds cleared and the sun shone brightly. This gave Nathan and me the perfect opportunity to go play outdoors at his favorite playground. This is the first time in months that we have set foot on this playground. Although there are still a few mounds of stubborn snow around, most of equipment was dry and ready for Nathan's rediscoveries!
The weather was still cooperating with us on Sunday, as Nathan and I headed for Church, as Liesel's mouth still needed some time to heal.

I have come to the conclusion that the weather in Cleveland has to be female. There is no other way to explain how on Wednesday this week, the temperatures were around -15C with about 2 inches of snow, and then 48 hours later, my OUTDOOR thermometer was recording temperatures of +18C in the shade! I have given up trying to figure out the weather in Cleveland, pretty much the same way I gave up trying to figure out women, many years ago ;-) What I have learnt is, don't try to understand it, just enjoy it!

No comments: