Sunday, December 17, 2006

A glimpse of Normality??

Life has turned toward the general direction of normality again. Back to working the 5 day week, but still blessed to come home to my wife and mother! The beauty of having my mother here, is that she volunteers to look after Nathan at any time, and this gives Liesel and myself a taste of freedom. On Friday, Liesel and I had our first meal alone in a restaurant since leaving South Africa! It was fantastic, the restaurant was perfect too. It was a seafood restaurant with a great ambiance! Liesel ordered the:
New England Seafood Sampler
Lobster, crab and seafood-stuffed mushrooms, bacon-wrapped scallops and lightly breaded clam strips.
I had the chef's special, which was Salmon coated with a spicy coating, covered with shrimps - heerlik (delicious)!!! A great evening out for us!
On Saturday I took my mom down to the Prime Outlet mall, where they have all the factory stores for Reebok, Adidas, Levi's etc.... We used this opportunity to buy some shoes and clothes for my sister and her husband back in South Africa. I also had used this chance to buy Liesel's gift, as well as a couple of things for my self ;-)
Sunday's church service was great, with the Providence Bell Choir ringing while we sang carols! This afternoon I took my mom to some shops she hadn't yet been to. She took a particular liking to the Dollar Tree store. Everything in this store (no matter what it is) costs $1! Had it not been for luggage weight constraints, she would have spent hours in the shop and walked out with an interesting inventory!
We then went to a shop that I could spend hours in and easily spend $10000!! If you have even the tiniest musical bone in your body, you haven't lived until you have visited a shop called Guitar Center! I walked into the door and stopped as my eyes fell upon a wall that must have contained 100+ Electric guitars! There were amplifiers stacked throughout the store, not to mention Bass guitars, keyboards, digital pianos, drum kits, cases, pedals, books, cables, etc etc. I then entered another room where all the acoustic guitars were kept. Every guitar is kept in tune and you are encouraged to pick it up and play! It was almost like heaven, except that you had to pay for the guitars ;-) There were guitars (both electric and acoustic) for over $2000! One day when I grow up, I will own one of those!

No comments: