Sunday, November 12, 2006

The first family fire (in the fireplace)

If you are a regular reader of this blog, you may be able to pick up a trend with our weekend weather! You don't have to be a rocket scientist to guess that it rained on Saturday.... again. It appears that God has set his weather machine to "Rain" for Cleveland every Saturday. But that doesn't get us down anymore ;) We started off the weekend with an appointment at Target for our first-ever professional family portrait for Christmas! They were very professional, and had us pose in different ways and made Nathan laugh at the right time. We should be able to pick up these photos on Monday, November 27.
Next on our agenda was to head out to Family Christian Store to do some more Christmas shopping! They had a bag sale, that whatever you could fit into a large paper bag, would qualify for an extra 20% off! Another reason for emigrating! This also worked out well for us, as while Liesel shopped at the store, I could take Nathan to the mall's play area so he could expend some of his never-ending supply of energy!

Later that afternoon, Liesel took Nathan to the library, while I went out to find some firewood. I was going to be making my first ever fire in my own fireplace. I am happy to report that we still have a roof over our heads and that it worked out pretty well. Even Nathan seemed transfixed by the fire, and not even the painfully pervasive Barney theme song could distract him! Finally, after putting him to bed, Liesel and I could lie back and watch the DVD, "The Lake House".

Sunday presented us with the usual assortment of Church, Sunday School and catching up with family all over the world! And thus ends yet another episode of Life in the USA!

Forthcoming Attractions: This coming week I will be working my final 5 days a s a contractor, before being switched to a Full Time Employee. I say again, life is good!!

No comments: