Sunday, October 29, 2006

Looks like we will be staying in England, I mean, Cleveland for a few more years

God is so good to us!! This week I was made an offer to become a full time employee at my company! I met with my manager and she made me a very decent offer. After discussing it with Liesel, I have decided to accept the offer, and we will be staying on in Cleveland for at least a few good years. It is a wonderful feeling, knowing that we can start putting our roots down in a place, and starting to build our lives again! So its all good!! To celebrate our new sense of permanence, we went out and bought our first bit of lounge furniture. Its a chocolate colored sofa (with fabric protection for Nathan's creativity!) But the best part is that it folds down into a bed. So my mother now has a place to sleep, and she doesn't need to worry about sharing Nathan's toddler bed anymore ;-)

The weather on Saturday was as dreary, cold and wet as one could imagine from a mid winter's day in England. Between the gusts of 60mph (100km/h) and the frozen rain, the temperature hovered around the 0C mark. Not exactly playground weather! We headed to the mall for 2 reasons, indoor play area for Nathan and winter coat sale fore Liesel! While Nathan jubilantly ran around the rubberized fishes and tortoises, Liesel was busy saving over 65% on a winter coat! This coat will be generously donated to my mother for the duration of her trip to Cleveland. So my mother really scored this weekend!

Later on Saturday, we took a drive past Lake Erie. In the summertime, this is usually a placid lake with a few ripples, lapping at the shoreline. With the 60mph gusts, waves of 5 - 8m were generated! I had to see this for myself, and imagine my surprise when my eyes beheld surfers in water! Now that is worth writing home about!


Sunday's weather was brighter, with sunshine, and fewer gusts, although the wind chill still kept your nose and ears pink! This afternoon, Nathan and I made a brief appearance at the playground, but after 20 chilling minutes, we decided to go house hunting instead. It wasn't very successful, considering I inadvertently started the search in the more afluent areas of Westlake. And so ends another weekend (of many, many more) in Cleveland!

No comments: