Sunday, September 24, 2006

Same weather .... different child!!!

This week was an unusually busy one for the McCarthy's in Cleveland! It all started on Monday when Liesel and Nathan had their first MOPS meeting and then a visit to the pediatrician! The doctor diagnosed a mild cough and prescribed some anti-biotics for Nathan. On Tuesday, after a lot of last minute rushing to and from places, I managed to get our trunks from South Africa cleared and loaded into the back of my Honda CR-V! Read the whole episode in my previous blog! On Wednesday, I went to an optometrist who fitted me for some new contact lenses! I should be getting those soon! Thursday, was Liesel's and Nathan's Apple Picking day with the playgroup from MOPS! You must go see the video clip (1 of 3 new ones) on http://mccarthys-videos.blogspot.com . I also received a brand new replacement HP laptop, because my old one had a faulty DVD drive, and they took too long to replace the part. To summarize, I complained, and they apologized and sent me a faster laptop to replace my one with a faulty drive! Not too shabby, Nige!

We woke to a cool and wet Saturday morning, very similar to last weekend! One big difference though, and that was Nathan! It is amazing what prayers, anti-biotics, and some long lost toys from South Africa, can do to perk a child up. He was totally the opposite to what he was last week! His laughter and squeals of glee warmed up our apartment again. Liesel took this opportunity to leave him in my capable hands to go and do some personal clothes shopping on her own, a feat that cannot be accomplished with Nathan ;-) Later on that day, Liesel called her folks in Botswana and was so happy to hear that they had finally received the DVD we made for them with video clips of Nathan! Then that evening I finally sat down and completed my SA Tax returns. I know it is WAY overdue, but I did get an extension, and I couldn't complete it until I could get my hands on a copy from my 2005 tax returns - which was in the trunks! So after putting that to bed, I followed at 1am ;-)

On Sunday we headed off to church where we are still enjoying our Sunday School class, followed by Church. Nathan was still filled with the joys of life, and even responded "Nay-thin" when someone at church asked him his name! I wish you could all share these moments of his with us as he grows up!

The wather is really starting to cool down now as we head into fall. The maximum temps are hovering between 15-18C (so Johannesburg is now hotter than us!) I was even mocked by my colleague (Brian) for wearing a jacket on what I thought was a really cold day last week! He replied that they are still sleeping with their windows open ... seriously! So looks like I am in for a fun time for the next 5 months!

Sorry that there are no photos for this week, but I have added 3 videos at http://mccarthys-videos.blogspot.com
Be sure to watch them and please leave comments! We love hearing from you guys, even if it just one sentence!

No comments: